Following on from the success of its kindergarten Window to the World is now in the process of establishing an elementary school. The elementary school will provide a comprehensive, process-oriented, liberal arts education in the Indonesian language for children from the expatriate and local communities. The school will follow the Indonesian curriculum and be entitled “National Plus” education. The teaching methods draw upon western educational theory and practice and will be designed to meet the educational needs and abilities of individual students.
'Window to the World' has the following aims:
- To provide its students with knowledge and attitudes which prepare them for continuing growth, further education, and participation in the affairs of life to the maximum of each person's capability.
- To encourage creativity and provide enrichment opportunities in addition to a strong basic skills program
- To guide its students towards self-confidence and self-discipline, recognizing that the schooling process includes both academic and social learning.
- To make the most of the advantages offered by a multi-cultural school community.
- To encourage students to recognize their responsibility towards global, social and environmental concerns.
- To incorporate appropriate learning methods that will best prepare students for continuing education throughout their lives.
- Arithmetic and basic algebra in mathematics
- Indonesian proficiency basic grammar, spelling, and vocabulary
- World orientation/Geography
- Library skills development
- Computer skills development
- Social Studies
- Physical education